7 Golden Rules for Recruiters When Texting Candidates
- Get Consent – Always get the candidate’s permission to text them.
- Stay Professional – Keep your text messages formal and avoid using slang or emojis.
- Be Brief – Keep your messages short and to the point.
- Provide Context – Make sure your text messages are clear and provide enough context.
- Respect Privacy – Don’t text candidates outside of business hours or discuss sensitive information over text.
- Follow Up – Respond promptly when the candidate replies to your text messages.
- Use Texting for Timely Communication Only – Avoid using texting as the primary communication method throughout the recruitment process.
By following these 7 golden rules, recruiters can use texting effectively to communicate with candidates and improve the recruitment process.